Friday 2 August 2013

Excuse me sir..!!!

Last week, two young people knocked my door, while my younger brother attended, talking to them and desperately asked for my presence. Mean while I am watching this awesome movie where an actor displays his collection of robot war heads against to the protagonist of that movie..!!! What a timing I thought..!!! I went on and found them young probably completed their MBA or something and carrying a backpack. I thought those are some sales representatives who come on the daily basis to get our warm blessings for their antiques (they feel them so). He introduced himself and called by my name. I was astonished for a moment and later he explained that some boy next door told about me. ‘made an impression’. “Ah..!! am I that famous??”. (Well, it would be cool if that pretty girl in other next door knows me too).

He then took a book from his back pack and is explaining about the contents of that book and some seals of oxford publications with a cost of 2000 rupees on its back and kept that book in my hand. I tried to escape from this usual chat by telling him that I already have one in my collection. But before opening my mouth he told me that he is gifting that 2000/- worth book to me..!!. It seems like finally my wish came true, Dear god, so it is true that you exist..!!! ‘made an impression’.

Wow...!!!! is my only gasping at that moment and he took another book with different content, almost same price tag and he added this to my gift cart, I stood quite innocent and submissive (who wants to avoid gifts anyway, even though it is a child diaper, Err..!! diaper is an unwelcoming thing, chocolate is a better substitute) he asked whether I had a computer, I told yes and he gifted another book. Ohh gawdd..!! its double true that you exist..!!

 He asked whether my parents are graduated or not, I told yes they are, Yuppiee!! he added another book to my hand. I am over whelming..!!! It felt like I won a gold medal in Olympic running race by sitting ideally in my home watching TV while emptying the food which my mom made for me, filled with pleasure, the whole scene is running in my mind.

All those books weight more, due to this my hand is losing grip and divided them with my brother. (It is not my gal frnd r8 to carry her in my arms even though she weights a ton..!!). they say being a girl friend has its own privileges..!!

He asked me, how do you feel now?? I was literally surprised and am waiting for a big surprise unconsciously. Ignoring them, I am flipping the pages of the top book in that pile and observing a myth why women cheat? If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons? What made you gay?? Really interesting piece of work it seems. He stressed the question again to get my attention back from how come always male species???
I shifted my attention towards free pack and it’s like having a cyclone when we are desperate for a drop of water. He started blabbering about the company’s policy and told me: for the advertisement purpose he picked up some 20 students in our area and I am the lucky 18th one to avail that offer. He started the math of calculating each price of the book and it came to around 12000 rupees and asked me what do you think sandeep? you are getting 12000 rupees worth books free as you are a lucky 18th.  He smiled for an instant and told me, Sir, you can get all these books for free, no doubt in that, but (now my heartbeat started raising) as they are imported from UK, you have to pay the delivery charges of the shipment and it costs wholesome of 600 rupees per book, so it is 2400 rupees...!!! ‘With this, all the previously created impressions evaporated and substituted with, you are just another professional asshole who is trained and is getting paid to do that nautanki’,‘well played amigo..!!! congo..!! You just won as always’.

He is writing my name on the receipt without my acknowledgement. I told him to stop there and I gave an excuse that I have to consult my father before buying. I went back inside, and returned with a sober look, he got my point and again smiled (of course): don’t worry sir; you can get all these books for 12000 rupees from next week onwards that to in four cornered metropolitan cities.

After thinking a while, I loved the idea of marketing style they have adopted, either one buys them if interested or one advertise the whole event to friends(like I did now). Either way he and the company is gaining, leaving me as victim standing on the doorstep pathetically as I lost both books and the climax scene of protagonist kicking the robot butts in the movie I was watching previously. 



No comments:

Post a Comment